Venture Crew Leader Training
- Youth Protection Training: available online at http://www.myscouting.org
New leaders are required to take Youth Protection Training within 30 days of registering and before volunteer service with youth begin. Youth Protection Training must be completed every two years to remain current.
- Venturing Fast Start: available online at http://www.myscouting.org
Fast Start training is the first step for any new volunteer. It should be taken as soon as possible after a new leader registers and before he or she meets with any youth member. Fast Start training provides an immediate comfort level for the new leader and enables you to say, "I can do this!".
- This Is Scouting: available online at http://www.myscouting.org
This Is Scouting provides an overview of the Scouting organization, including history, values, programs, Youth Protection, community involvement, and training. The module consists of six video sections, each followed by a brief quiz.
- Venturing Leader Specific Training: conducted in-person, see Lakeview District training calendar and Longhorn Council training calendar for course dates.
This training provides the specialized knowledge a new leader needs to assume a leadership role. It is designed to introduce adult Venturing leaders to the basic information needed for operating a crew.
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS): conducted in-person, see Lakeview District training calendar and Longhorn Council training calendar for course dates.
Outdoor skills are critical to the success of the Scouting program, and Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills will provide leaders with the basic outdoor skills information needed to start a program right. The skills taught are based on the outdoor skills found in The Boy Scout Handbook. The course is ideal for Venturing leaders because it focuses on skills that build confidence and competence in leaders conducting outdoor camping experiences.